Gionee M2017 Officially Launched with 5.7 inch QHD Dual Edged Display & 7,000mAh Battery
Description and Review
After many rumors and gossips, Gionee M2017 has now been officially announced in China. The biggest advantage of this phone, as per already leaked information its large 7000mAh battery (Combination of two 3500mAh batteries). Gionee M2017 has got metal unibody construction and dual edged display and back of the Smartphone is clad in a premium leather finish. Phone does not have the headphone jack, and falls in line of the current trend of other Smartphone’s in the industry. Gionee Company said that they have made display that consumes less power. Gionee M2017 comes with a 5.7-inch dual edged Quad HD AMOLED harder Sapphire Glass for protection instead of the standard Gorilla Glass. And also said 7000mAh battery delivers up to 25 hours of amazing video playback.
Gionee M2017 Specifications
- 5.7-inch Dual Edged Quad HD (2560 x 1440p) AMOLED panel with Curved Sapphire Glass. (PPI of 518 pixels per inch)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 Octa-core processor with Adreno 510 GPU (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz Cortex A53)
- 6GB of RAM
- 128GB/256GB Internal Storage
- 12MP + 13MP Dual Rear Facing Camera with 2X Optical Zoom and LED Flash
- 8MP Front Facing Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor along with Proximity sensor, Accelerometer and Ambient light sensor.
- It measures 155.20 x 77.60 x 10.78 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 238.00 grams.
- 7,000mAH Battery (3,500 x 2) with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, USB Type C, USB OTG
- Dual SIM with 4G LTE
- Android Marshmallow 6.0 with Amigo OS 3.5
- Colors: Gold and Black
For security, the Gionee M2017 has a fingerprint sensor that’s embedded in the home button of the smartphone. This is flanked by two touch sensitive capacitive buttons. The M2017 got support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and a USB Type-C port along with features support for 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and USB OTG.
The Gionee M2017 comes in Gold and Black colors and is now available for pre-orders in China. It is priced at Yuan 6,999 (Rs 68,240/$1008 approx.) The exclusive Italian custom alligator leather back version is however priced even higher at Yuan 16,999 (Rs 1,66,000/$2448 approx.) This special edition device is apparently the 256GB storage variant of the smartphone.